Skip to product information
1 of 1

Junk/Salvage Revival

Junk/Salvage Revival

Regular price $80.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $80.00 USD
Sale Sold out
If you have a vehicle that has been junked or declared a total loss salvage and you want to rebuild and re-register it, DMV can issue a branded title and registration once it has been rebuilt and specific requirements are met.

What is a Revived Junk Vehicle?

A Revived Junk Vehicle is a vehicle that was previously reported to DMV as dismantled (by an individual or dismantler) but it has been restored to good condition so you can drive it again. If your junk vehicle has been revived, you must register the vehicle again.

To register your Revived Junk Vehicle, you will need:

  • A completed Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) form, signed by the current vehicle owner(s).
  • A junk receipt issued by DMV.
    • If someone else has the junk receipt for your vehicle, that person must complete a Statement of Facts (REG 256) form and describe what the vehicle looks like and explain what happened to the original junk receipt.
    • Verification of Vehicle (REG 31) or CHP Certificate of Inspection (CHP 97C) form authorized by a DMV employee or the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
    • If you need to get a California Highway Patrol inspection for your vehicle, contact CHP to make an appointment by calling 1-800-835-5247.
  • Brake and light adjustment certificates.
  • Applicable fees.

You may also need a:

What is a Revived Salvage Vehicle?

A Revived Salvage Vehicle is a vehicle previously reported to DMV as a total loss by the owner or insurance company, but has been rebuilt and restored to operational condition. If your total loss/salvage vehicle has been revived, you must register the vehicle again.

To register your Revived Salvage Vehicle, you will need:

You may also need:

View full details